Final Update: October, 2022
The MAPS Project has been completed! We thank you for your cooperation and understanding while we improved the roadway and utilities infrastructure on the west end of Manitou Avenue!
The MAPS (which if you are curious, stands for Manitou Avenue, Park Avenue to Serpentine) project is a major capital improvement project that is upgrading and undergrounding utilities, installing a new storm drain system, improving the roadway grades, installing a new 10’ wide multi-use trail, improving pedestrian safety, and installing new ADA compliant sidewalk and ramps.
This $4M project is 82% federally funded and 18% funded by Pikes Peak Rural Transportation Authority (PPRTA). Wildcat Construction is the prime contractor and tasked with building this very challenging project.
What Has Been Completed:
- 100% of the roadway and sidewalks constructed
- Stamped concrete median installed
- Installation of new storm drainage system
- Roadway grade lowered
- Primary power undergrounded
- Secondary power undergrounded
- 1/2 of curb and gutter installed
- Communications cables (Comcast and Century Link) buried
- A gas line was lowered on Minnehaha
- A manhole was installed on Minnehaha
- Curb and gutter installed on Minnehaha
- Colorado Springs Utilities Gas Line Installation from Waltham to Serpentine (crews are finishing up in the Serpentine intersection now)
- Striping Completed
- Streetlights installed