Manitou Arts, Culture, and Heritage Board (MACH)

The Manitou Arts, Culture and Heritage Board is accepting grant applications for 2024. MACH Grant Applications open. Last year, MACH funds produced about $480,000 in grants! Apply online.

Applicants may submit their funding requests between now and Jan. 3, 2024, after which the board will evaluate submissions, learn the exact amount of available funding from 2023 MACH tax revenues, and make grant recommendations for Manitou Springs City Council approval. 

As set up in the MACH tax initiative approved by voters in November 2019, two-thirds of grant funds will go to designated Tier 1 entities: Carnegie Library, Hiawatha Gardens, Manitou Art Center, Manitou Springs Heritage Center and the Miramont Castle Museum. The other third will be directed towards Tier 2 competitive grants, available to residents, nonprofits, businesses and others to assist in programs and events for the benefit of Manitou Springs. 

Last year, MACH funds produced about $480,000 in grants — with $323,400 going to the Tier 1 recipients and $157,514 for Tier 2 grants. 

Grant applicants can access the online application form at You will have the option to set up a personal login, allowing you to work on and save unfinished applications until they are ready to be officially submitted. 

Grant requests of $750 or less, designated as “mini-grants”, will complete a simpler form that does not require a detailed budget. Applications for more than $750 must also include a budget of projected revenues and expenses. 

Any individuals or nonprofits who received MACH grants last year must turn in 2023 project completion reports before being considered for 2024 grants. 

[Web Meeting Link]

Password: 034142

IMG_0056 (2)
  1. MACH Board

  2. Rebecca Davis

    Finance Director

The purpose of the MACH Board is to make recommendations to City Council on how to implement the MACH initiative, which increased the City's Use Tax Rate and Sales Tax Rate by 3/10ths of 1%. 66% of these funds will be allocated to a special fund for facility improvements and operations at the Carnegie Building, Manitou Art Center, Manitou Springs Heritage Center, Miramont Castle, and Hiawatha Gardens. The remaining 34% of the proceeds will be distributed by the City Council through awards and grants to foster the arts, culture, and heritage within Manitou Springs.

Regular Meetings

MACH meets every month, on the fourth Thursday at 5:00pm. The board meets over ZOOM and uploads their meeting recordings to YouTube afterwards. Occasionally, the board will meet more frequently, but will always publish an agenda at least 24 hours in advance.

Meetings are open to the public. Please email the ADA Coordinator or call  719-685-2554 if you need special assistance attending a meeting.

Agendas & Minutes


Member Name Position
Ralph Routon Chair
Marcus Medina Board Member
Neale Minche Board Member
Kinsey Watts Board Member
Wren Almitra Board Member
Eli Blackshear Board Member
Jason Wells Alternate Member
Nancy Wilson Alternate Member
Michelle Whetherhult City Council Liaison
Rebecca Davis Staff Liaison

To apply for an appointment, send an Application for Board Membership, a letter of interest, and a resume and/or statement of qualifications to the City Clerk.

Download the MACH logo