Transportation & Parking Board (TPB)
The purpose of the Transportation and Parking Board is to:
- Review and make recommendations to the City Council regarding undertaking and adopting Parking Management Studies and Strategic Planning
- Review and make recommendations to City Council concerning a parking professional for management of the City’s parking assets, recommend the adoption of policies to maximize the effective utilization of these assets, and to be accountable to the City Council and the Transportation and Parking Board for budgeted revenues and expenditures for parking facilities
- Review and make recommendations to the City Council concerning the acquisition, funding, construction and operation of parking facilities within the City, including surface parking, and proposals for future parking lots and structures
- Undertake, implement and oversee policies, programs and expenditures concerning transit and parking as approved by the City Council
- Advise City Council on multi-modal access, facilities and programs, including bicycle, pedestrian and transit, within the City of Manitou Springs and oversee implementation of transit programs operated by or on behalf of the City
Regular Meetings are held on the fourth Tuesday of every month in City Council Chambers (606 Manitou Avenue) at 8:30 AM.
Meetings are open to the public and all residents and business owners are encouraged to attend. Please email the ADA Coordinator if you need special assistance attending a meeting. You may also call 719-685-2554.
Board Meeting Summary Agendas
Summary agendas are created by Staff in the days following a Public Hearing and are for informational purposes only. These summaries have not been reviewed or approved by the Board. The intent of the summary agendas is to provide a snapshot of the Board's activity during a given meeting. Formal minutes, once approved by the Board, can be accessed using the Agendas and Minutes link above.
|Member Name||Position||Term Expiration|
|Rolf Jacobson||Board Member||12/31/2021|
|Jon Matas||Board Member||12/31/2020|
|Joy Porter||Board Member||12/31/2021|
|Valerie Rosenkrantz||Board Member||12/31/2020|
|Bob Bodor||Board Member||12/31/2021|
|Susan Wolbrueck||City Council Liaison||N/A|
|Roy Chaney||City Administration Liaison||N/A|
|Kevin Stevenson||SP Plus Parking Liaison||N/A|
Apply for Membership
The seven Board members of the Board are appointed by City Council and represent the various parking sectors of the City, inclusive of business, residential and recreational concerns. All regular and alternate members must be qualified electors of the City of Manitou Springs.
Permits for Moving & Construction Activities
Permits are available if you are in need of parking for moving and construction activities. View more information regarding parking permits for moving and construction (PDF).
Manitou Springs Parking Studies
- Carl Walker Parking Management Study (December 21, 2007) (PDF)
- Carl Walker Residential Parking Advisory Panel Meeting Notes and Panel Recommendations (September 29, 2008) (PDF)
- Carl Walker White Paper: On-Street Pay Parking (2008) (PDF)
- Carl Walker White Paper: Parking In-Lieu Fees (2008) (PDF)
- Evaluation and Assessment of 10 Old Man's Trail (March 25, 2011)
- Final Residential Parking Program Recommendations (August 9, 2012) (PDF)
- Manitou Incline Site Development and Management Plan (February 4, 2011) (PDF)
- Parking Plan Process Report (July 5, 2011) (PDF)
- Residential Parking Program Open House (June 18, 2012) (PDF)