Water / Sewer Service
New Account / Cancel Service
If you want to set up a new water bill account, cancel your water services, or change your account information please email the Utility Billing Clerk. You may also call 719-685-2579.
In 2019 City Council passed Ordinance 1719 which established a rate structure for the City's water and sewer rates. This structure created an annual increase of rates over a 6 year period. These funds go to support not only water and sewer treatment, maintenance, repairs and capital improvements but are also used to help create a fund balance to pay for future needs of our utilities infrastructure. The increases are as follows:
|Water Rate Increase:||0.00%||9.00%||9.00%||9.00%||5.00%||5.00%|
|Sewer Rate Increase:||0.00%||8.50%||8.50%||8.50%||5.00%||5.00%|
Water rates in 2023 are dependent on the type of meter you use:
- 0.75" meters have a monthly charge of $19.04
- 1.0" meters have a monthly charge of $32.30
- 1.5" meters have a monthly charge of $64.60
- 2.0" meters have a monthly charge of $103.35
- 3.0" meters have a monthly charge of $206.68
The rates for water consumption in 2023 are as follows:
- $8.98/1,000 gallons for the first 7,500 gallons
- $12.04/1,000 gallons for consumption between 7,501-15,000 gallons
- $15.24/1,000 gallons for consumption over 15,000 gallons
- $10.47/1,000 gallons
Sewer service has a flat fee of $20.24/month.
In addition, there is a volume charge of $8.32/1,000 gallons.
New construction usually requires a new water/sewer connection to the main. In order to get that process started, please fill out our Water Sewer Connection Application (PDF) and submit it to the Utilities Clerk with the Finance Department http://www.manitouspringsgov.com/Directory.aspx?did=8 for authorization.
Water/sewer bills are due on the 21st of each month. Payment received after 5 p.m. on the 21st will be assessed a $10 delinquent fee and a delinquent notice will be mailed. If your bill is not paid by the date on the delinquency notice your water will be shut off. See the notification requirements (PDF) for more information.
There are several options to pay your water/sewer bill:
- Go to Xpress Bill Pay or call 800-766-2350 (option 1) and set up payment (one time or reoccurring) with a check or credit card.
- Drive down and drop it off at the finance payment window in City Hall during business hours.
- Drive down and place it in the drop box outside of City Hall after hours.
- Use your bank's online bill pay. For additional information email the Utility Billing Clerk or call 719-685-2579.
Water Not Running
If your water bill is NOT delinquent and your water is not running contact Public Services at 719-685-2639 during business hours (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.). During non-business hours call the Police Department's non-emergency number, 719-390-5555.