Animal Issues & Pet Licensing

Pet Licensing

All cats and dogs living in Manitou Springs are required to be licensed. These licenses are purchased through the Humane Society of the Pikes Peak Region. Additional information for pet owners can be found on the Pets and Stray Animals Page.

Animal Related Emergencies

For animal emergencies such as aggressive animals or animal attacks, please call the Police Department and Emergency Responders by dialing 911.  

Non-Emergency Animal Related Issues

For non-emergency issues please contact The Humane Society of the Pikes Peak Region (HSPPR)

Humane Society of the Pikes Peak Region
610 Abbott Lane
Colorado Springs, CO 80905
Hours: Monday – Saturday 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. Sunday 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Telephone: (719) 473-1741   

Examples of Non-Emergency Related Animal Issues:

•    Dog at large

•    Barking Dog

•    Dog locked in car

•    Excessive feces in yard

•    Dog off leash