Environmental Resolution 2019
- Climate Action Press Conference: 9/18/19
- Tree Planting Climate Action Event: 10/12/19
- Climate Action Celebration & Potluck: 10/12/19 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
WHAT IS THE RESOLUTION?
City Council is considering a resolution to direct resources to the environmental sustainability of Manitou Springs. This resolution provides a timeline of measurable action that moves the City to achieving the community’s ambitious environmental vision. Stretch goals push everyone to move beyond what is currently being done. They can only be achieved if substantially new ideas, approaches, and strategies are pursued. Stretch goals inspire and require creativity and innovation.
As a community, we recognize that Climate Change is a threat to some of our greatest assets. We also understand that to create positive change, we must be leaders in the region in pushing ourselves to protect the environment and develop sustainable practices to fight Climate Change head on.
This resolution is a commitment from the City to champion resiliency and to work with the community and stakeholders to find the best solution to difficult problems.
Climate Action Tree-Planting - October 12th, 2019 10am
Please join us on Saturday, October 12th from 10 am-2 pm to help clean up the outside of Hiawatha Gardens. We will be picking up trash, weeding, and planting trees and would love your help! Please meet us at 10 am in Memorial Hall (606 Manitou Ave), bring gardening gloves and any small gardening tools that you have, as well as a lunch. Thanks in advance for your help!
Click here to sign up to volunteer!
- Manitou Springs Hazard Mitigation Planning
- Manitou Springs Pollinator Project
- Manitou Springs School District 14
- Pikes Peak Area Council of Governments
- Pikes Peak Community College - Office of Sustainability
- PlanManitou: Manitou's Comprehensive Plan @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Colorado Wildland Urban Interface -
WUI is the transition from natural areas to human development. These areas require collaboration to ensure healthy forests and sustainable communities.
- Fourth National Climate Assessment -
This report from the U.S. Global Change Research Program was part of federally mandated climate research required under the Global Change Research Act 1990.
- IPCC - Warming of 1.5 degrees Celsius -
The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change is a United Nations effort to understand the science, potential impacts, and solutions of Climate Change.
- Manitou Springs Tree Inventory -
Have you ever wondered what kind of trees are in Manitou Springs? Check out this resource!
@(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>