Report Code Violation
Please note that if you have an emergency situation, dial 911. Otherwise, please Report a Violation to the City.
Animal Related Violations
Please note that all animal related violations are handled by the Humane Society of the Pikes Peak Region. Please contact them at 719-473-1741.
How to Report a Violation
Follow the instructions to report a code violation:
- Accept the Disclaimer.
- If you would like to log-in, or need assistance with the program, log in using the three bars Otherwise; enter the address of the violation in the upper right corner, or utilize the map in the general area of the violation (the more specific the better).
- Create a Work Request.
- A drop down menu titled "Select Issue" will appear, select the issue you would like to report and provide a short description of the problem.
- Complete the report and it will be sent to the City Code Enforcement Officer.
Track the Progress
Please note that if you login or create a new account and provide an email address, you will be emailed a link to allow you to track the progress of the reported violation. This is not required to report a violation, but it is an offered convenience.
View the list of example code violations:
- Business License Verification
- Cease and Desist Orders
- Conditional Use Permit Violations
- Garage Sales
- Garbage and Refuse
- Graffiti and Stickers
- Housing Code Violations
- Illegal Signs
- Junk and Debris
- Landlord and Tenant Issues
- Overgrown Vegetation
- Permits and Inspections
- Sidewalk Issues (Snow and Debris)
- Zoning Code Violations
Common Code Violations
Please consult the following links regarding common issues:
- Noxious Weeds
- Popular Ordinances:
- Garage Sales
- Sidewalk repair and snow on sidewalk
- Signs / advertisements
- Use of bikes, scooters, and skateboards on sidewalks