Transportation & Parking Board (TPB)
The purpose of the Transportation and Parking Board is to:
- Review and make recommendations to the City Council regarding undertaking and adopting Parking Management Studies and Strategic Planning
- Review and make recommendations to City Council concerning a parking professional for management of the City's parking assets, recommend the adoption of policies to maximize the effective utilization of these assets, and to be accountable to the City Council and the Transportation and Parking Board for budgeted revenues and expenditures for parking facilities
- Review and make recommendations to the City Council concerning the acquisition, funding, construction and operation of parking facilities within the City, including surface parking, and proposals for future parking lots and structures
- Undertake, implement and oversee policies, programs and expenditures concerning transit and parking as approved by the City Council
- Advise City Council on multi-modal access, facilities and programs, including bicycle, pedestrian and transit, within the City of Manitou Springs and oversee implementation of transit programs operated by or on behalf of the City
Regular Meetings are held on the fourth Tuesday of every month in City Council Chambers (606 Manitou Avenue) at 6:00 PM.
Meetings are open to the public and all residents and business owners are encouraged to attend. Please email ADA Coordinator Shelley Cobau if you need special assistance attending a meeting. You can also call 719-685-2605.
|Member Name||Position||Term Expiration|
|Rolf Jacobson||Board Member||12/31/2021|
|Jon Matas||Board Member||12/31/2020|
|Joy Porter||Board Member||12/31/2018|
|Valerie Rosenkrantz||Board Member||12/31/2020|
|Susan Wolbrueck||City Council Liaison||N/A|
|Michelle Anthony||Staff Liaison||N/A|
Apply for Membership
The seven Board members of the Board are appointed by City Council and represent the various parking sectors of the City, inclusive of business, residential and recreational concerns. All regular and alternate members must be qualified electors of the City of Manitou Springs.
Manitou Springs Parkmobile
The City of Manitou Springs is implementing the Parkmobile System to enhance parking services and allow for easier parking payment options. Go to the Parkmobile site to learn more or register for the service.
To view a video showing how to register and use Parkmobile, please follow the links below according to your phone's system:
Permits for Moving & Construction Activities
Permits are available if you are in need of parking for moving and construction activities. View more information regarding parking permits for moving and construction (PDF).
Manitou Springs Parking Studies
- Carl Walker Parking Management Study (December 21, 2007) (PDF)
- Carl Walker Residential Parking Advisory Panel Meeting Notes and Panel Recommendations (September 29, 2008) (PDF)
- Carl Walker White Paper: On-Street Pay Parking (2008) (PDF)
- Carl Walker White Paper: Parking In-Lieu Fees (2008) (PDF)
- Evaluation and Assessment of 10 Old Man's Trail (March 25, 2011)
- Final Residential Parking Program Recommendations (August 9, 2012) (PDF)
- Manitou Incline Site Development and Management Plan (February 4, 2011) (PDF)
- Parking Plan Process Report (July 5, 2011) (PDF)
- Residential Parking Program Open House (June 18, 2012) (PDF)